"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Friday, October 2, 2009

Michael Jackson comes to cricket

First the suave jacket and the white gloves (clearly a homage to MJ), now the golden bat and the golden ball. I'm talking about Champions Trophy prizes. The Saffers really know how to do it in style.

I've been looking for pictures for over twenty minutes now. My best friend google has failed me for the first time in my life. I don't want to talk about it. It hurts too much.

(If you have pictures of the Jacket, gloves, the bat and the ball please send them to me.)

The Golden Bat is for the batsman with the highest number of runs who,ironically, at the moment is Graeme Smith. This is why Biffy pulled out of the Champions League. He wanted to be around to collect his bat personally. It's going right next to his Thriller jacket. Who needs the pimped out white one when you have the legendary red one?

The Golden Ball goes to the bowler with the highest number of wickets....Wayne Parnell. This is the saddest shit ever. Don't try to tell me that these are positives. They aren't. They are big 'SUCKERS' signs. Huge. Ginormous.

Btw, if you are a nineties baby and don't know what all these MJ-related terms are in reference to, you suck. Go away and don't show your face. Ever.

2 comments:

Stani Army said...

There are only two pics of the jacket. One of them you have on your other post and the other is a close up of the badge.

Where did you hear about the golden bat and ball? Was it in a dream?

I did hear the players will get watches though.

Purna said...

Hmph, you have bad googling skills.

They showed it at the Aus vs Eng game. Looked pretty sweet.

I've seen the watch. It's ugly.