"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hidden news

With the hunt for the perfect Kiwi coach saga taking front stage, this bit of news seems to have gone unnoticed.

"McCullum loses vice-captaincy".

It's no big deal. Teams change vice-captains frequently. But this news gives me special pleasure because Brendon McCullum is at the receiving end of it.

The guy just rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it. Maybe it's all the hype and no recent performance to back it up. Maybe its because he plays for KKR. Maybe it's the lack of patience and levelheadedness that was Fleming's trademark. By which theory I should also dislike Dan but Dan is just...Dan. I can't explain that one either!

Baz seems to think he is a born leader and will continue to work towards securing the national captaincy.
I'm just glad Dan is a selector. Dan makes everything alright. Every time.

5 comments:

Poshin_david said...

with flemming back NZ should be competitive again.........

Purna said...

Fleming isn't back Chris. He doesn't want to coach them!

Thiru Cumaran said...

Great blog u have here! Pity I've just discovered it today, hope to get some more laughs in the future! ;)

Baz is just an overhyped 'lump of shit' (as Symmo gleefully put it on radio)...everyone just hypes him up, but he never backs it up with performances!

I suppose Dan could just appoint himself vice-captain! That would be just perfect, nay?

Captain - Dan
VC - Dan
Best Bowler - Dan
Best Batsman - Dan
Coach - Dan

Purna said...

CT, I thought you were here before?
I like fellow Baz haters. And that line up. Dan should just be renamed New Zealand.

Thiru Cumaran said...

I may have been here b4, but it must've been a long time ago!

As for Dan, he's the new Superman! All he has to do is just put his underwear over his trousers! :P