"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bad boy Parnie

You gotta hand it to Crapinfo. They really know how to make headline out of nothing. I went to check the Saffa news and was shocked to learn that Wayne Parnell had been left out by the Warriors for 'disciplinary reasons'. Apparently, they dealt with the issue personally and refused to say anything further on it.

See when information is withheld like this, it allows wicked minds to wander far and wide and come up with dangerous answers. Maybe he got into a fist fight with Makhaya for telling him that his international career is over. Maybe he laughed at Botha's pathetic attempt to overthrow Smith and take over.Maybe, just maybe, he told Shamone that Jacques and Mark were actually closet lovers.

All untrue things concocted by wicked minds in the hopes of starting vicious rumours. And before you point your fingers at me, I said wicked not cricket. So clearly, this is not my mind.

So before these minds were at work, I frantically went to my best friend Google to clear up the mess. This is what it told me:

"The 20-year-old kid stayed out late at a PE nightclub apparently, one of the eve of a first-class match against the Highveld Lions starting on Thursday in East London."

Wayne Parnell was disciplined because like any other 20 year old, he was out on Saturday night partying. He was punished by being dropped from one silly first-class match.

This was the epic event that Crapinfo thought was news worthy.

No comments: