"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Not about Shane Watson

I am not going to say Watto made a cracking start, yet again.

I am not going to say Watto tried hard to reach the magic triple figures before lunch.

I am not going to say after he came back he nearly got himself out twice.

I am not going to say Watto got out on 89 AGAIN.

I am not going to mention Watto's shocked face as he walked off (as if he didn't already know it was going to happen).

I am not going to tell you that I was waiting for Watto to fall after his half century so I could write this.

I am not going to tell you that Watto is a funny mofo and really deserves an award for Best efforts at not reaching a century.

I am also not going to tell you that my reaction towards him is frequently: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nope. Not going to tell you any of the above.

9 comments:

Poshin_david said...

Do see this amazing and heart warming letter at A Cricketer's Tribulations

Vim said...

Most Aussie fans' reactions to him is 'Ha, ha, ha."

It shouldn't be so but it is.

Because it's Shane and watching him miss out on tons is bloody funny.

Anonymous said...

Don't you be being mean to my Twatto! I mean Watto ...

I can't believe Captain Kat went on 99. And at his (true) home ground. I was most upset.

Vim said...

I was most peeved as well, Sid, but not as peeved as Kat!

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

Purna you are a lean mean vindaloo machine.
He will soon be averaging 89 in tests and laff at everybody else.
Ha ha! B)

missjane said...

I'm glad you're not talking about it, Purna, because I was there and I can't go through the TRAUMA again. Watson, I was kinda resigned to because, well, whatever deal he did with devil to stay fit obviously has a price: "you'll open for Australia but never score a century *evil laughter*" but KATICH WHAT WERE YOU THINKING AAAARRRGGGHHH. *ahem* Sorry.

I always thought Katich's price was having to play for NSW but perhaps there was a secret clause about getting out on 99 at the WACA just when the betrayed and heartbroken Warriors fans who you abandoned all those years ago had finally recovered enough to forgive you... BAH.

*deep breaths*

But hey, Hussey is still in (no laughing you lot) and he did have some great moments today (no, really, I saw them!) and 3/339 is, well, great... I've just gone all English and insecure in my old age.

Still, I get to go tomorrow AND the next day... three days of live Test cricket in a row... *gloat*

Vim said...

Won't it be amusing if Watson keeps getting high fifties and ends up with an excellent average.... but with no tons?

Snort, snuffle, smirk.

One can only hope.

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

*quotes self*

Purna said...

Chris, nice letter.

Vim, Amen to that! Kato's wasn't that funny though. He actually deserved it.

Sid, I hope your Twatto continues to provide joy in my life.

Wes, don't dream like that. You will only be let down :P.

Missjane, damn! I would have given anything to watch Watto fall live! And that Kato tragic story sounds very much possible. A regular Greek play! Strangely, Mussey was good. I saw it. He seems to have found his old confidence back, more or less. Psht, Aus is going to win this. Even without Ricky batting. Don't become English!