"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Monday, December 14, 2009

Meaning of Uda's Name

Someone asked me this and I had no idea. So I thought I'd turn to my best friend google to find out what each of Welegedara's name means. I wasn't that successful (second time Google has failed me...) but this is better than nothing.

Uda= Up and Udha= To blow. So really, it's to blow up
Walawwe= Mischevious stuff
Mahim= Someone who is great
Bandaralage= A monkey that is needed
Chanaka= Nuisance 
Asanga= To shake
Welegedara= Broken down in two parts, 'wele' is something to do with adult movies and 'gedara' means home

I had to go through three different languages to decipher this and some of the meanings are actually for words that sound similar to his names. But there you have it.

He is a mischevious boy, destined for greatness, who can be a bit of a nuisance as he likes to blow up wickets and shake things. His alter ego is a much needed monkey who feels at home when things around him have to do with adult movies.

I don't know what this means.

No comments: