As Sri Lanka and India pile on runs after runs, I can't help but be more interested in the Kiwi vs Pak game. Note, the Indians scoring in abundance today has more to do with the Lankans and their ineffective bowling, but nevertheless, there is nothing great about teams reaching three-four hundred on Day 1. It is expected, i.e. boring. Specially when the first test made zombies wish they had never come alive.
So I prefer to focus on the other game. Reasons:
1. The match started with a yorker from a seventeen year old that resulted in a wicket. That seventeen year old is becoming my favourite player to watch. Considering his country has produced Wasim Akram, his talent is not surprising. But it is worrying that his country has also produced Shoaib Akhtar, whose sole focus since god knows when has been to entertain off the field rather than on it. I honestly don't want Aamer to waste his talent on acquiring gential warts but if Shoaib decides to mend his ways, it may have to happen...to carry on Shoaib's legacy.
2. After two wickets, there was a Kiwi fightback. Ross Taylor did extremely well to get his team back on track and then fell six runs short of his century. Talk about prime time drama.
3. Pakistan picked up six wickets. None of them went to Umar Gul. MUHAHAHAHAHA!
4. The day ended with yet another Kiwi fightback. This could become a Spartan war. Unfortunately without 300 abs.
5. Daniel Vettori is at the crease and should be getting a 50. Baz is also there, but I am blissfully ignoring him.
Let's take a picture of this day and fax it to India.