"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ICC Awards 2009: ODI Player of the Year

More rubbish to sort out...

ODI Player of the Year


Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI): He won't win. But he actually deserves this nomination.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ind): Nominated in all three!! Did he offer the ICC free products?

Andrew Flintoff (Eng): The ICC's gone soft. Don't be an emotional fool. He clearly prefers the IPL over England. That's why he is retiring.

Chris Gayle (WI): Oh hello Scumbag. I guess this is where you belong because you want to get rid of test cricket. But I don't approve. Go cry on twitter and don't forget to mention my name.

Umar Gul (Pak): I am tempted to say no...but the guy is talented. So whatever.

Martin Guptill (NZ): Who are you? Did you kill Dan to take his place in this list?

Michael Hussey (Aus): NO! He is no longer Mr. Cricket. Get over it.

Nuwan Kulasekara (SL): No. Too many talented Sri Lankans. Somebody needs to take the boot.

Ajantha Mendis (SL): His ears are magnificent, so yes.

Muttiah Muralidaran (SL): Another consolation prize. He didn't have a great year. But I guess since he is retiring, he can be in.

Yuvraj Singh (Ind): Cricketers with inflated egos that match their bellies are not to be bestowed with awards.

Virender Sehwag (Ind): This is a question of my intense dislike for the Indian team vs appreciating good cricket...my intense dislike wins!

Thilan Thushara (SL): Another Sri Lankan? I thought India was the one with the population problem!

6 comments:

Stani Army said...

Wow! You said something nice about a Pakistan player!?!? Could have only been to impress me....I know, I know.

'scumbag' is my word scumbag! Ok, it's Gayle, you can use it.

You do know your blog will now be attacked by Indian nationalists for your anti-Indian (cricket) opinions? Happens a lot on cricinfo. Make sure you're armed! Let 'em have their say and then just tell 'em about your family lineage and they'll soon shut up.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Mendis.

Brandon

Poshin_david said...

But i just can't see what many of the players did this year.....South Africa and India are resting......and it's only a few players who performed this year.........

Unknown said...

I think its for the Oct'08 - Oct'09 Season.

Brandon

Purna said...

Stani, I have no problems admitting when someone is talented. He won't win though.
You are already impressed by me.
Are you like Paris Hilton? Do you copyright all your words, flip your blond hair and use them to get paid?
LOL. I'll brace myself...but I don't think they are here.

Bon, yes Mendis!!!! I hope he wins!

Chris, it is for the last season.

Stani Army said...

Yes© I© do©