"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Thursday, November 19, 2009

History loves Shakib

Another day, another piece of history created by Shakib. He became the first Bangladeshi player to be signed by an English county side, Worcestershire. I am hopelessly ignorant about county cricket, so I have no clue how they are as a team. But who cares? County, good exposure, upcoming series in England. You see where I am going with this.

Sometimes I wonder which Bangladesh loving cricket god made Shakib. And why he has stopped making more. What will it take to produce more Shakibs in Bangladesh? Strauss deciding to come to Bangladesh after all? Richie Benaud advocating another petition to retract BD's test status? Prodigal child Cricket Minded's return to Bangladesh?

Whatever it is, I am willing to make it happen. More Shakibs is directly proportional to more critics being silenced. Bangladesh still have many detractors, but a good number have stapled their mouth shut just in case the ICC does decide to listen to them. That means they will not get to ogle at Shakib anymore. And that's what they really want to do. Perv on the little beast while shit-talking his team.

My real concern at the moment however, is if Worcestershire have moats and dragons to protect my beloved assassin from his Modiness. Does Worcestershire have the balls to say, "Fuck off Modi! This Deshi is ours"?

No? No problem. The BCB's got him tied up with international commitments for the first half of IPL 3. I'll take care of the rest.

8 comments:

straight point said...

the problem (if you might say so) will start from now for shakib...

playing against top teams his true potential and temperament will be tested... lets see how he copes with it...

yes you can see head has stopped spinning or is it...? :)

Anonymous said...

No, Strauss going to Bangladesh after all will only make the residents ill. It won't help their cricketers at all.

Worcestershire - not the best team, not the worst team but as you said: who cares? What he needs is exposure and to play against fairly tough competition and he will get that in the county champs.

Thiru Cumaran said...

You wanna know about Worcester? I'll tel you abt Worcester. They were, by far, the worst team in the 1st Division of the 4-day Championship....so they need Superman to lift them! :D

Purna said...

SP, yeah he will be tested. But that can only be a good thing right?

Sid, I hope other Bangladeshi players get an opportunity now that Shakib is in.

CT, haha. Are they really so terrible? Well I hope they teach Superman a thing or two!!

Thiru Cumaran said...

Oh, no! They won't teach Superman a thing! Superman will teach them a lot, considering how he's led Bangladesh in recent times.

Worcestershire were last in the 1st division and got only 94 points...the next best team, Sussex, got 143..

Leicestershire, who were last in second division (technically, the worst 4-day team in England this year) got 138 points...

Do I need to make myself more clear? :D

scorpicity said...

I liked him the first time I saw him. I actually liked Razzak better. Whatever happened to him. Was he injured or something.

Purna said...

Razzak is back in the team now scorpi. He was one of the star wicket takers against Zimbabwe. I love our spinners. It's our fast bowlers that annoy the shit out of me.

yanmaneee said...

air jordans
nike air max
yeezy boost 350 v2
yeezy
adidas nmd r1
adidas tubular x
air jordan shoes
nike sneakers
nike vapormax
nike air force