"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Tamim!

I am sorry, I didn't know. I am a terrible person. But now that I do, I wish him many more brilliant runs off nasty first hour balls in test cricket. And gift him Mandira Bedi attached to a cricket ball.

I have very little to say about Tamim, because when I realize how talented he is and that he is Bangladeshi AND not disappointing the shit out of us like certain people...I am dumbfounded.
In awe.
So happy I can't speak.

(I really can't find my dictionary).

All I can say is that he is 21. If you have kids, they are failures. If you are 21, you are a failure.

Because Tamim Iqbal exists and he is already better than we will ever be.

4 comments:

Barry said...

After watching him bat yesterday I felt like some cyclone has hit England. If I am right Bang. unfortunately gets hit by lots of cylcones from Bay of Bengal? but yeterday it was a cylone called Tamim that hit the England team.

Happy birthday Tamim!

Abdullah said...

Tamim Iqbal !!

What a player !!!!!

Great to watch !!

SixSixEight said...

Bangladesh have got interesting. Compare him to Trott.

http://planetdurham.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/compare-and-contrast/

Yesterday was just phenomenal. Yet another really wacky test! Loving it.

Purna said...

Haha. Good one grey! Nice post too :).

I agree Six! I am so glad our boys are actually putting up a fight! Great picture!