"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Albie's day with the ball

So I finally decided to start watching the IPL. Actually I just got up early to watch my Dale bowl, but evidently, today is the day Albie has also decided to bowl. Against RCB and for CSK but oh my look at these figures.

4-0-28-1-7.00

That makes him CSK's third best bowler in today's game. But then again, who can really rank Murali? He is number one even when he is crap. So really, Albie was CSK's second best bowler today. The first being Tyagi. I am not being sarcastic. If you have watched Albie bowl, you will know what I am talking about.

The one wicket he got was that of Eoin Morgan. Now, I am no T20 expert but that is a big wicket. So good for Albie.

What does this mean? Nothing to me. I don't like CSK and Albie needs to perform for the Saffers to be in my good books again. Plus, he also kind of needs to perform with the bat too. I would hate for Albie to become 'that player who had one or two good moments and now plays only in the IPL'. But the way he is going...it may very well be so.

Just don't decide to start batting today, because my Dale needs to outbowl you. It's nothing personal, it's just that you look like an Oz player in yellow.

See, it's not personal at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Albie already the guy who had one or two good moments for SA and now plays IPL?

Purna said...

Sigh, I'm afraid so...