"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Parnie read my blog too

I called his bowling rubbish didn't I? I ordered him to find his form. So like a good boy, Parnie obeyed. Although not quite. He still conceded the most runs out of all the bowlers, but his 5 wickets saved him. For now.

The highlight of the match was anytime ROFL came on screen. For example his brilliant catch. If you watch it in slow motion, you will see tiny alien ships holding him up long enough to catch the ball. They are his brothers and sisters. They weren't there during his bowling spell though, because ROFL is just naturally brilliant at that. He don't need no help with his spin. The Kiwis on the other hand...I don't understand it in the slightest. They do have a very effective spinner in their side. If you knew you had to play spinners and have one in the team, wouldn't you practice batting with him? How is it that Dan's team were beaten again and again by ROFL's balls?

Albertus wasn't shockingly bad at bowling today so, he survives one more day. Even if he's back to being terrible on Sunday, my Herschelle will be there to pick up the slack. I can't help but mention my Herschelle. It's a way of life for me.

I have to mention AB's batting and two catches. Yes, he is so perfect that he makes you want to put your fingers through your ears and mess up your brain. But us Saffa fans were seriously worried that he has lost his mojo. But the mojo is intact, the fielding is back on top and the batting is excellent as always. We can all breathe now.

Till Duminy comes to bat. Shithead.

Aah well. For now we will celebrate and wait for Sunday. It's going to be a family affair.


Thanks Martyd!

The picture is from my Kiwi friend M, who has awesome cricket spirit. He is also a brilliant artist as you can see.

6 comments:

Aditya said...

SA were good yesterday! and ROFL's alien friends should have hypnotized the commentators to give him the Man of the Match he really deserved it!!

and why is it that the centurion pitches are more like the pitches we find in India (did BCCI prepare the pitches?) and for the record all of SA's matches are at centurion! (is it because of the tussle between the gauteng borad and CSA or smething else? )

A semifinal Vs India/Pakistan in centurion (Assuming SA will finish second in the group) is surely a recipe for history to repeat itself!!

Unknown said...

The Centurion & Wanderers pitches used to be fantastic for batsmen but it seems slower than usual. Remember that record breaking match between AUS & SA at Jozi. It is possible to get over 400 runs at the Wanderers.

I need to make you a ROFL-alien pic. It's on my things to do list.

Purna said...

Aditya, they gave it to Parnie because he doesn't have cool alien friends to hang out with. I don't know much about SA pitches since I don't live there. But Bon seems to have answered your question.

Bon, I can't wait. I'm already ecstatic at the thought of this pic!

Aditya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aditya said...

The wanderers pitch seems to be a bit too green and centurion one like an Asian one!

Can't wait for the ROFL-Alien pic :)

sheastesl said...

replica bags from korea replica bags in china replica bags london