"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy days are here again!

Have you heard that Rudi Koertzen is all set to retire? I'll be honest with you, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

No more random decisions, no more wishing 'What if Rudi hadn't been on the field today?', no more broken television sets.

The heavens have blessed us.

But let's not be too mean to the man. Let us give him a proper tribute and state one reason why we hate Bloody Rudi.

It goes like this, start with 'I hate Rudi because...' and then insert your reason. You may also want to insert your reason up Rudi's dark places, but unfortunately, that is not a facility I can provide you with. However, I can provoke you with this:


Let me begin the tribute.

I hate Rudi because he smiles like he knows shit. Yeah Rudi, that's exactly what you know...shit!

Over to you.

8 comments:

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

I hate Random Rudi because he made me lose it on innumerable occasions. And I mean really mad redheaded rage with shouting, cursing like a lumberjack and a duration of several days. Also, he still owes Oz at least 5 wickets (and these are the only the debts of the last year)

~ Wes ~

Thiru Cumaran said...

I hate Rudi because he denied Sangakkara a deserved double century in Australia and denied us what would've been a maiden test win in Australia!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think he'll give us back all those wickets he owes Aust before he goes?

Probably not.

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

Sid, he has probably eaten them!!! Gnnmpphh.
Wondering why we are the only Rudi haters showing up... I don't know anybody who doesn't hate him.
But his minions are well in place, so... :/

"Oh you're so special!" Curse or compliment?

Purna said...

His haters are afraid to speak out. He is evil you know.

Ian said...

Ah, he was on and off, mostly off in the last few years. A highly dedicated Umpire though. Time away on tours probably got to him but his standards (waiting for someone to say "What standards") did drop. Will always miss Bucknor though for the number of great opportunities he gave Aus over the years.

Thiru, that was the deflection of his helmet or was it is forearm? That seems like ages ago. I think it was Mitch who got the wicket too as it was his maiden test.

Thiru Cumaran said...

@Ian

It was a deflection off his helmet, and he was caught at silly point (Katich) off a bouncer from Stuey Clark. It was Mitch's debut test series and his second test.

Purna said...

Hi Ian, welcome.I am still waiting for why you hate Rudi :P.