"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Friday, April 23, 2010

Seriously?

Those of you who watched Gilly and Gibbs bat will be saying the same thing.

Seriously?

There was once a 80 something year old woman crossing the street with groceries, shuffling quickly so she could reach the other end  before the sign changed. She moved faster than Deccan's scoreboard in the whole match.

Seriously.

Ideally, these two players would not have played in the semis. But they did because Gilly is the captain and you can't drop the captain for bad form (But honestly, you should be allowed to in important matches!) and Gibbsy got a game purely because of his big-match kaboom reputation. It was a stinky, big-match kapoop performance.

Chennai bowled exceptionally well, but Deccan batted like cripples who have been further hindered by the neighbour's dogs latching onto their backside. Behind every unsuccessful Deccan batsman, there is a giant fucking labrador.

Seriously.

Now, Chennai are in the finals facing Mumbai and I am miserable. I dislike both teams and want neither to win. But if I HAD to pick (because of the same ass-grabbing labradors), I would go for Chennai. It was simply a case of who I hate more, Durby or teams that dress like Australians. Turns out Durby takes the cake. A big one. Smack on his face.

Unfortunately, I am cursed so this means Mumbai will win and I will frown ever so slightly because really, the best part of this IPL final is the fact that the T20 WC starts in seven days. IPL is O-V-E-R.

Seriously.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah! Was it not you who said that Mumbai would fizzle out halfway into the tournament? Hah! :P

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Purna, but it was me who said Chennai would never make it even to the semis! How wrong we were.

Purna, you're right - Chennai did bowl well, but Deccan also made it damn easy for them. It's not like CSK posted a high total to begin with. Why would you not have played Gilly?

More Than Just A Game said...

Purna!!!

How be you? I'm so sorry about DC ...NOT :p!

MI vs CSK finals on RIGHT NOW!! live thread time!

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

Rish, they fizzled out in the final. That was still early enough :P

Pu I've just looked again at your T20 Saffa preview... Albie is (currently) quite a handful I think.

Cheers,
Wes

Slogfest ante portas

Purna said...

Rishabh, ahem!

Sid, well because ordinarily, a top order batsman in such bad form would have been dropped from a crucial match, even if it is Gilly. Although I guess you can't really drop a captain of Gilly's standards either. If it had been Smith, I would have dropped him like that. But honsetly, Gilly and Gibbs shouldn't have opened the batting. At least one shithead should have come later!

Wes, he has his days, that's all.

Unknown said...

After 5th place and 7th place, I'll gladly take 2nd!