"How shit you must be if I got you out twice!"
-Paul Harris to Andrew Symonds, Perth 2008

Friday, May 28, 2010

Dare we say Day 3?

WE DARE!

Of course being too excited about this will be absolute blasphemy so I too will maintain a stern face and allow only one side of my face to curve into a half smile. I have just realized that over the years, Bangladeshi supporters have picked up much from English supporters. We no longer celebrate with crazy fireworks and colours, now we just nod in approval and quietly have a dance when no one's watching. It's essential.

I was literally in shock when I switched on the television this morning. Junaid Siddique was blocking balls after balls like he blocks everyday. I actually thought I was still asleep and Trott had just become Bangladeshi in my dream. Then I saw Junaid's hair and knew that I was awake. I mean, who wants to dream of this?



The biggest shock was that Shahadat Hossain got a fifer. Have you ever seen him bowl? His strike rate is 67! I was crying when he got selected for the test team! And now the guy is responsible for bowling England out at Lords! Strauss didn't declare, because his batsmen were walking back to the change room! That my friends is a 'what the fuck' of a good nature!

THEN, and this is another positive then, OUR TOP ORDER DIDN'T IMPLODE! Tamim made a fifty as we all know he would, Kayes did well to hang on and now lovely Junaid Siddique and Jahurul Islam are playing PATIENT CRICKET. Patient, Bangladesh, upper middle order...number three! Junaid, Bangladesh's number three, is playing patient cricket. I never thought I would live to see the day! This is turning out to be a good match for number threes eh?

And to think we are watching a test match between England and Bangladesh.That is just a 'what the fuck' of an excellent nature!

4 comments:

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

You know that now after this post they will be all out for 250, yes?

Seriously what a bloody display of bloody Lordscricket. Finny's home ground, I have to say it makes me glad that it was him and not stupid Swann or that little Chimpy Anderson. It can go on like this. Desh score and Finn is the only one who takes wickets. That would be a good match.

Oh Strauss, large, in colour, with his stupid ...everything. Arghhh. Missed him so much. So glad they didn't drop him.

Sorry for this incoherent shit. I watched the last say 15 overs today and it was so nice. I completely forgot to switch to Saffas then.

Tomorrow! Junaid must of course stay in so that it can be Mushi and Junaid again :D. Mushi sure feels better with Shakib back.

I had more thoughts but they are gone now.

Cheers,
Wes

~ Play For Country Not For Self ~

Purna said...

Wes, HOW DID YOU KNOW? Well they aren't all out yet, but then again, they haven't reached 250 yet either.

And it was Finny that go all the wickets too...I think you stole my super power.

Anonymous said...

It was really unfortunate that the conditions were so much in England's favour. You know how humid crappy English weather is like catnip to their bowlers and i thought the umps dragging the Deshi's back on to the pitch just long enough for them to lose a wicket then closing them down again was a bit stiff.

James Anderson has a home average of 30. Incredible really as he gets to bowl in far more friendly conditions than other so called top bowlers all the time. He's off my list of quality bowlers now that I have discovered that.

Shakib could really try playing test cricket like the openers did though.

Wes playforcountrynotforself said...

Pu I didn't know or foresee. But it is unwritten law that lauding=cursing, and bashing=blessing. :(

Sorry about that :(


~ Play For Country Not For Self ~